Monday, December 22, 2014

Holiday Workouts: Week 4

Only a week and a few days until I go AWOL for Christmas break.  That AWOL includes no working out because we'll be MIA, or out of town.  Sigh.  I'm ready to go this week - as hard as possible.

Monday: Alex McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + Amy Dixon's Skills and Drills + yoga

Even though I wanted to burn mega calories this week, I knew I couldn't do crazy workouts every day.  So after a weekend of high intensity, I brought it down just a bit this morning.  There were still high intensity moves but it wasn't crazy.  This was the second-to-last day of yoga at the rec and it was a good class - a bit more relaxing than other classes of late but still plenty of planking and down-dogging.

Tuesday:  Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Michelle's HIIT - Breathless and Energized + weights

I wanted some extra cardio this week and this was a good combination.  The Bikini cardio lasted a bit over 30 minutes and then Michelle's HIIT was about 15 minutes.  I made it all into a 50 minute workout with my own cardio and stretching.  At lunch, I forced myself to go to the rec for weights.  I'm glad I went, though I never consider it to be "fun."

Wednesday: Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn on Glo + yoga

This CIB is always tough in the morning.  The cardio is just tough overall - and neverending.  I can't do all of it in the morning so I skipped a different circuit this time - instead of the last one, which I like.  Even with my now normal metabolism and body temp, I had sweat dripping off of me in no time.  

Thursday:  The Firm's Bootcamp: Maximum Calorie Burn

I always do enjoy how different this one is from my other workouts.  The weighted sections aren't crazy hard but they're good.  And the plyometric moves to keep your heart rate up are intense!  Dang!  A good all-around workout!

Friday: Cathe's Intensity

Since I'll be out of town tomorrow, I did this workout today.  It's definitely harder to do in the morning instead of in the middle of the day.  Yikes.  But I got through the step portion and the HIIT part.  It's a crazy workout so I was proud of myself for getting through it.  

Saturday: rest

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix

I did this after getting home mid-afternoon from my parents' home.  I was not at my best after having eaten too much on Saturday.  Ugh, the holidays are killing me!  So I felt more than little clumsy during this workout but I got through it.  I'm just glad I wasn't due to go through a tougher CS.  

Calorie Counts:

We're just not going to go there.  I spent all of Saturday baking cookies.  And there was so much food at work that it was just appalling.  I'm happy I was able to workout and let's leave it at that.

No comments: