Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sweet Corn Spoonbread (2014:40)

After a lovely cruise, from which we returned on the Monday of Thanksgiving week, it was time for some inevitable stress.  Every other year, my mother hosts Thanksgiving for my cousins.  Though we begged her to defer this year, she refused to listen to reason. So, off we went on a merry dance of Thanksgiving stress. 

I thought I would get off easy this year, but no.  In the end, I brought an appetizer and two sides, one of which was a slightly new recipe for corn casserole: Sweet Corn Spoonbread.


This came together easily enough.  I subbed plain fat-free yogurt for sour cream...because I forgot sour cream at the store.  I also added 1 tablespoon of sugar.  Having learned hard lessons from corn casseroles in the past - overdone, underdone - I baked this in a shallow dish for the shortest time possible. 

It turned out great - which was good since I could not taste it before it was served.  This will be my new go-to recipe every year!



No comments: