Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Workouts: Week 1

This week marks the beginning of the Holiday Season.  

It's also my first week back from the cruise.  We arrived home on Monday and I attempted to get back into the workout groove on Tuesday.  

Having Thanksgiving come so quickly after a cruise was stressful in many ways, especially in the diet department.  I did the best I could and am proud of it.  Though I missed Thursday, which was not a surprise, I worked out every other day after Monday.  I gave myself the week to skip calorie counts, though, knowing that all but two days would be bad and, if not bad, not up to my usual amount of script dieting.

Monday:  Home from the cruise

Tuesday:  Rockin' Body Cardio by Michelle Dozois + walk

This is usually my go-to video right after a week off from working out.  It's effective cardio and keeps you moving relentlessly, but it's not crazy hard.  Michelle's enthusiasm is so addictive, even in her earlier videos.  She's one of a kind.  At lunch, not wanting to tackle weights quite yet, I decided to get my heart rate up a bit with a walk around the track. I did 30 minutes and 11 laps.  Not bad.  I finished off with some ab work and a stretch.

Wednesday:  Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Michelle's HIIT - Breathless and Energized on Glo

I did Michelle's cardio from Shape's video, which runs 30 minutes.  It's like a low-key Peak 10 workout and it was perfect for a harder workout….but not too hard yet.  I finished off with a challenge - Michelle's HIIT on Glo.  Running only 15 minutes, it definitely gets me sweating in no time.  This was a good workout line-up for the morning, leaving me 5 minutes of stretching.

Thursday:  Thanksgiving

Friday: Michelle's Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix

After eating way too much at Thanksgiving, I needed a good workout today.  I chose this CIB because I think it's the easiest, overall.  And I love it, which definitely helps me to actually do it when out of town and under pressure to eat more instead of working out.  Sigh.  I got through it surprisingly well, after last week's vacation.  Yay!

Saturday: Firm's The 500 Calorie Workout

Home again - yay!  I chose to tackle some weights today with the Firm's workout.  I  don't know if I've ever done the entire thing, since I usually reserve this one for a weekday morning.  But I did it all today and it's a challenge.  But once again, I surprised myself at how easy some things, that should be hard after a vacation, were.  Amazing!  Total workout was about 65 minutes. 

Sunday: Michelle's Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix

I know I shouldn't have done two days of weights in a row, but oh, well. I was looking forward to this one so I went ahead and did it.  And I do really like it.  It challenges me in different ways, especially today since I was achy from yesterday's workout.  I got through it, and all the peaks.  Awesome!

And so I got almost a week of workouts in.  Good, good.  And….  

I got a free FitBit Flex from work after completing the wellness program a few weeks ago.  I'm loving seeing my steps and sleep patterns.  Surely the novelty will run out but I'm still hooked after almost a week.  And I've gotten over 10,000 steps every day except Thursday.  Cool!

No comments: