Monday, December 8, 2014

Holiday Workouts: Week 2

As most people are likely to do, I ate way too much at Thanksgiving.  This week, I was super motivated to burn off some unwanted fat. 

Monday: Jari Love's Get Ripped! 1000 + yoga
 


I wanted lower impact today so this workout seemed attractive - strength interspersed with short cardio bursts.  I hadn't done this one for a while so the squats and lunges really got me.  My legs were protesting throughout the remainder of the day.  Planning on doing weights on Tuesday, I did not lift weights today.  I added them only to add weights to lunges, squats, etc. Yoga at lunch was difficult - since I had two weeks off.  Ouch!  Stupid down dog!

Tuesday: The Firm Bootcamp: Maximum Calorie Burn + walk

This is the perfect morning workout for non-Peak Challenge weeks. It's 50 minutes in length and combines weights and cardio.  The instructor and the music are not my favorite but it gets the job done.  My already achy legs screamed in protest throughout.  At lunch, I intended to do weights but forgot my weight chart.  I walked the track instead - until some students started filming something which blocked the track.  So I walked on the treadmill, which is an activity I wholeheartedly despise.  Sigh.  But I did it for 30 minutes.

Wednesday:  Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn on Glo + yoga

In an effort to work off some of these cruise pounds, I did Michelle's Glo CIB this morning.  It was tougher at 5:30am and I had to cut it a bit short to fit into my 50 minute workout time-slot, but it was worth it.  My muscles were screaming near the end.  Yoga at lunch was again difficult - but fun.

Thursday: Michelle's NEW BodyFit 360 Dance Conditioning + walk 

I had some unanticipated work at home the last two days - moving recliners up and down the stairs.  After 5 hours of work on Wednesday, I was feeling it this morning.  I opted out of a heavy workout, and certainly no weights today, which gave me an excuse to pop in Michelle's NEW BodyFit 360 (Vol. 2) workout, Dance Conditioning (there's also an Athletic Conditioning), which I got in a pre-sale last week.  I was so excited and Michelle did not disappoint.  This is still a workout and my already tired muscles let me know they did not appreciate the harder moves.  But I felt a bit better afterward, having had a good stretch at the end of the workout. After another run-through, I'll post a review of this video.  At lunch, I walked around the track - no weights.  No, no, no.

Friday: Tip Top Shape by  Michelle Dozois on Glo


I thought I could handle weights today.....and, ouch!  I love this workout from Michelle - short and effective cardio and strength.  But my arms were still sore from the recliner fun - sorer than I thought.  I used some lighter weights when the heavier ones got to be too much.  So I got through the workout, but it was a challenge.  At lunch, I worked.  Sometimes, I need a break from the rec center.

Saturday:  Cathe's Intensity

Part of my holiday workout resolution is to get in 3-4 Cathe workouts, which are so different than Michelle Dozois' style.  I always dread Cathe's videos but this one is the easier one of the two I own.  It was a good warm-up to her style.  And I sweated buckets!

Sunday:  Michelle's Cardio Strength 2 on Glo

I can't remember the last time I did this one - over two months ago, at the very least.  It's in my rotation of non-Peak 10 Challenge workouts.  And I'm just going to say it: this is the hardest of all the CSs.  The cardio is the hardest; the strength contains more compound exercises than any other CS….  It just never stops.  It was tough but thankfully the peaks were not a challenge for me….or else I'd still be gasping for breath!  At some point in the last circuit, my thigh had an odd twinge/pain.  My muscles are clearly still coming to grips with daily workouts.  When Michelle went into lunge jumps, I did ski jumps instead.  Sometimes, you really just have to listen to your body or risk injury.  I listened.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1361
Tuesday -1386
Wednesday - 1385
Thursday - 1370
Friday - BAD!
Saturday - bad
Sunday - bad


My goal for holiday eating is to be good Mondays through Thursdays.  I want to do some holiday baking and, while not going overboard, enjoy my baked goods.  This weekend I made a homemade pumpkin pie since we somehow did not get one at Thanksgiving.  It's one of Mr. Higgins' favorite things.  While I didn't eat bad over the weekend (except for my usual Friday splurge), I ate a bit too much….and pie.  Oh, well.  That's why we have Januaries and Februaries…to lose our holiday weight!

No comments: