Monday, August 1, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge: Week 6

I'm really enjoying my FitnessGlo Challenge.  It's nice to do some different workouts by new-to-me instructors.  And I can't believe I only have three weeks left to go!

Monday: Ilyse's Your Best, Sweaty Self + Denise's Interval Sweat


This is one of Ilyse's toughest Glo workouts.  She makes you do two sets of star hops (known to most of us as air jacks) and knee tucks.  Yikes!  I did the entire workout and then switched over to Denise's interval workout.  It's good but her cardio just seems to always be the same.  I skipped a lunch workout, walking outside for about 10 minutes instead.

Tuesday: Amy's Kickin' Cardio and Conditioning + walk


Time for some weights today!  I was actually looking forward to Amy's workout today, though I get this one confused with her other two that are similar.  But it was good!  Except for the push-ups: three 45-second sets.  Whew!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and I'm so glad I got out of the office!

Wednesday:  Petra's High Intensity Drills + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast


Time to work this morning!  And I wasn't too thrilled, either, since I was sore from something yesterday.   Bleh.  Petra's workout definitely works you but at least it's a bit different than others.  Michelle finished off my morning...  Even when I'm not looking forward to the workout, she makes me happy.  

Thursday: Scott's Sports-Inspired Drills + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party + weights


I decided to skip the weights this morning so I'd have more energy for them later in the day.  So, cardio!  Scott's Drills are nice because they aren't too intense.  I worked as hard as possible, though, and felt good!  Next up: Ilyse's dance, which always me happy.  This one is a favorite.  At lunch, I was off to the rec for weights.  Always happy to get those over and done with!

Friday:  Dozois' Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles


It's been so long since I had a light Friday workout...and I so enjoy these days!  I opted for Michelle's workout because it provides light cardio, toning, arm work, and ab work.  Because I wanted no impact today, I skipped about 10 minutes of the cardio in order to stretch more at the end of the workout.  A great morning!

Saturday:  Dozois' Cardio Strength 2 on Glo + Scott's Bring It On

I really needed to work hard today.  Starting with CS 2 on Glo, I was working hard before I knew it!  Ha!  This CS is definitely tough - Michelle takes you to the ground a lot.  But I survived!  Next up, Scott's cardio + weights.  I like this workout but some of the weighted repetitions get hard for me.  At least I know it's doing something!  So, 80 minutes of cardio and weights today!  Wow!  Then, a nice stretch and ab work.

Sunday: Cathe's Intensity + Ilyse's Cardio, Strength, and Stretch

Today, cardio.  And a lot of it.  I did all of Cathe's Intensity and then added on 10 minutes of my own cardio for 60 minutes total.  I was sore from something yesterday so all the squats were definitely felt.  Ouch!  Then, I did 15 minutes of cardio from Ilyse's workout - more squats and squat jumps.  Dang!  I did her standing ab work and then had a nice stretch.  Talk about working hard!

Calorie Counts:

It's best that we not talk about that.

No comments: