Monday, August 22, 2016

Pre-Peak Workout Week

I've finished my first eight-week FitnessGlo Challenge and it's almost time for my next Peak 10 Challenge.

After almost getting my butt whipped by a Peak 10 workout on Sunday, I'm ready to get back into Peak 10 form.  Stat!

Monday:  Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party


I turned to one of Michelle Dozois' older workouts this morning, this one being the cardio workout on Shape's Bikini workout video.  It's so good - just a little less intense than a Peak 10 workout.  It left me breathless!  I then turned to Ilyse's fun dance workout, making it high impact where I could for a really good workout!

Tuesday: Ilyse's Full-On Cardio Blast + Easy to Follow Dance Moves + weights

Must have cardio!  Today I wanted to work so I chose one of Ilsye's few athletic cardio workouts.  This one really gets me, especially the non-stop jumping in the beginning - whew!  After that 30 minutes, I took things down a notch with Dance Moves.  Fun!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec, despite a crazy day.  But I'm so glad I did!

Wednesday:  Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + HIIT - Breathless and Energized + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals 

I wanted to work hard this morning so I decided to do all these HIITs in a row.  Fun!  I started with Michelle's easier one before doing her hardest.  These really did leave me breathless.   Scott's Intervals were tame by comparison!  All together, these make for a great, sweaty, workout.  Whew!

Thursday:  Dozois' Cardio Strength 2 on Glo + Tip Top Shape

Today was a vacation day - and tomorrow, actually.  Yay!  So I had plenty of time this morning.  I got up at my normal time and did this CS - which is a lot harder before 6am.  Dang!  It was a struggle to get through it, but I did.  Awesome!  I then tuned into Michelle's strength + cardio workout.  Love it!  It was a morning filled with hard work but I felt great afterward!

Friday:  PeakFit Dynamic Flexibility

I was in east Texas today so I decided to take it easy with this workout.  Since I'm about to start another Peak 10 Challenge, Dynamic Flex sounded great.  And it was!  I really love this workout.  It makes you sweat but stretches you in every way imaginable. 

Saturday:  Dozois' Rockin Body Cardio

I hadn't intended to do this workout today but I had no internet which meant no Glo.  But I hadn't done this video in a long time so it was a nice change.  Even Michelle's earlier workouts are tough!  This one is fun but you definitely work up a sweat!  I felt like I'd had a good workout when I was done!

Sunday:  Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn on Glo + Scott's Athletic Burn

After eating too much all weekend, I was ready to do anything to feel better about myself.  This CIB is not at all easy but I did it all - glad to be working hard.  Nothing - nothing - gets me working harder than a Peak workout.  After that 55 minute workout, I did Scott's HIIT - for 25 minutes.  Whew!  It's a good one and I may have to do it occasionally.  Finally, after that - a stretch and sit-ups.

Calorie Counts:

So, so bad.  I'm truly disgusted with myself.  The summer is almost over so that means it's almost time to buckle down again and get back to my normal, healthy eating.  And Peak 10 will help!

No comments: