Monday, August 15, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge: Week 8

It's already been eight weeks?!  Holy cow!

I've really enjoyed changing things up with this Challenge.  I've enjoyed it so much that I'm thinking of doing it again this year - instead of another Combat Challenge.  We'll see.  In the meantime, it's time to get to work.  I need all the help I can get this summer!

Monday: Petra's High Intensity Drills + Ilyse's Just Dance + walk


I need to up my cardio game this week to burn off some calories, stat!  Petra's workout is a challenge because of the length of the drills - 45 seconds.   Eek!  But I got through it and then had fun with Ilyse's dance workout.  This one isn't my favorite but it's fun and light - though I tried to jump as much as possible.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  Quickly.

Tuesday:  Denise's Cardio and Sculpt Challenge


This morning was rough after a bad night of sleep.  I decided to keep this workout low-impact since I've been jumping so much lately.  And it was good.  I lifted my heels and barely let my feet lift off the ground for the jogs and jump ropes.  The weights were good, too.  I did my own cardio once Denise went to the floor but I still got a good workout!

Wednesday:  Ilyse's Your Best, Sweaty Self + Dance Intervals 101

I was ready to work hard this morning and Ilyse's workouts were great.  Unlike a lot of my recent Glo workouts, these are not circuit based.  You go, go, go....and go.  Ilyse is relentless in both workouts and it gets tiring jumping and jogging continuously.  Ha!  But it felt good and I was glad to work hard.

Thursday:  Scott's Athletic Burn + Dozois' HIIT - Breathless and Energized


Extra cardio - intense cardio - was needed this week.  Sigh.  Scott's workout was new-to-me and it was good.  The circuits were different lengths which kept me guessing.  I skipped the burpees but did everything else.  Dozois' HIIT is always great - and had me huffing and puffing more than Scott's longer workout.  Ha!

Friday: Dozois' Body Fit 360 + weights

I love Friday workouts.  They mean something light or yoga-y for me.  Today I decided on Michelle Dozois' original Body Fit 360.  It's so good.  Because I wanted a really good stretch today, I did the first 25 minutes of cardio and then skipped to the ab section and, finally, the great stretch.  Love it!  At lunch, I finally made it to the rec for weights - after skipping it last week.  Thank goodness for my motivated co-worker, who helped get me over there!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop


Even though I'm not in peak form, I was looking forward to this CIB today.  I just love it!…outside of the peaks.  Ha!  Michelle works you hard but you also have a lot of fun.  And that's why I love her style.  After that 55 minutes, I tuned into McLean's dance workout for 15 minutes.  Whew!  I made it high impact and just kept on sweating.  After all that, a nice stretch and ab work.

Sunday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + Petra's Target All Your Angles

This is my least favorite Peak 10 workout and today it really kicked by butt.  I struggled through the floor work when it came up….in every single circuit but one.  Sigh.  When the end finally came, I was glad….and exhausted.  After that (50 minutes), I only got through about 15 minutes of Petra's workout.  I wish I could have done more….but I stretched and did sit-ups instead.

Calorie Counts:

So bad.  

No comments: