Monday, August 29, 2016

Week One: Peak 10 Challenge #6

Yes, I did a Peak 10 Challenge in the spring, but I'm already anxious for another one!  I typically complete two rounds of the Challenge every year and 2016 is no different.

Before every Challenge, you're supposed to do the Fit Test - to see how much you improve over the course of the eight weeks. This time, I completely forgot since I was out of town last week.  Maybe I can fit that in this weekend!

But off we go!

Monday: PeakFit Pure Cardio + walk


I was excited to do Pure Cardio this morning because it's such a great workout!  With my 45 minutes in the morning, I have to skip one circuit of this workout but it's still great!  In reality, it's a Cardio Interval Burn without the peaks.  So, much less stressful!  At lunch, I went to the rec center, despite some drizzle, and walked the track.  The students were back so I had to dodge sprinters, runners, and meandering texters.  Ha!

Tuesday:  Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength

Today it was time for weights!  I hadn't done this workout since the last Peak 10 Challenge so it was fun to get back into it.  The up and down planks are still tough!  Whew!  But it was fun - and such a great workout.  I kept the cardio low-impact, deciding that today would be my light-on-the-knees day.  Ha!  

Wednesday: Peak Fit Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout


Ah, my old friend, my frenemy. What can I say about this morning...  I survived.  I did better than I thought - usually, the first time I do this one, it kills me.  But I survived and I did all the peaks, even the burpees.  Yay!  I don't know why this one is so hard for me.  Maybe it's going to the floor so much.

Thursday: Amy's Kickboxing Skills and Drills + Ilyse's Sweaty, Sassy, and Strong + walk

It was fun to do some different workouts this morning. I hadn't done Amy's kickboxing in a while and it was nice!  Ilyse's dance is always fun and I tried to make this one more high impact.  I was sweating up a storm!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did a lot of ab work.  

Friday: BodyFit 360 Vol. 2- Dance Conditioning

It's Friday!  That means a fun day!  This workout is a lot of fun - and it's challenging in some deceptive ways.  I did the arm and ab work this time, which I don't always do.  It's tough!!  But I was glad to get some god work in.  I had every intention of doing weights at lunch today, but something crazy happened at work, which prevented it.  Ugh.

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn + Amy's Metabolic Meltdown

I was ready to work today after eating badly yesterday at dinner.  This CIB - the original CIB - is so much fun!  You never go to the floor, which is a relief, but the peaks are tough!  It's deceptively easy starting out and then….dang!  After that finished, I did 15 minutes of Amy's workout - so 70 minutes of cardio.  Wow!  It felt good but I was tired.  I then stretched really well and did sit-ups.

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength + weights

So I was a little pressed for time this morning.  I did a five minute warm-up before starting this CS.  And….dang, this CS is tough.  They're all tough but this one, the first one I ever did, gets me every time.  I forced myself to go all out and I felt very accomplished afterward.  I did an additional five minutes of cardio after it ended.  Then, 15 minutes with my 12lb weights - since I missed weights on Friday.  And finally, a stretch and ab work.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1152
Tuesday - 1290
Wendesday - 1058
Thursday - 1415
Friday - bad
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1188

Trying to get better….  Sigh.

No comments: