Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Strawberry Shortcake Martini (2014:24)

For the fouth of July, I decided to make a new and different cocktail.  When I saw a recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Martinis, I was instantly intrigued.  Everyone in the family loves strawberries and vodka is cheap and effective.  And so I was sold on this recipe.

I made the strawberry puree with Splenda, to make these more diet and diabetes friendly.  The puree tasted amazing and was super easy to make.

When we combined the puree with vodka, I was underwhelmed.  I didn't really taste shortcake.....only strawberries.  Everyone liked the drink, they just had the same reaction I did. 

I'll keep this recipe for the strawberry puree.  It can be used with tons of stuff- either with Splenda or sugar.  Yum!  But next time, I'll try a different alcohol (rum, tequila) or different flavored vodka.

No comments: