Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Twilight in Babylon

Back in high school, at my local book shop, I stumbled upon a book I'll never forget: Reflections in the Nile by Suzanne Frank.  It's about a woman who accidently falls into a time portal and is transported back to ancient Egypt.  It was a fascinating - and enthralling - read.  There were two follow-up books to make a triology: Shadows on the Aegean and Sunrise on the Mediterranean.  I loved them both! 

I didn't realize for a long time that Frank had written a fourth novel about Chloe and Cheftu, Twilight in Babyon - but now I've found it, purchased it, read it, and loved it!

Here's the review I posted on Goodreads:

When last we heard from Chloe and Cheftu, they were settling down in King David's Jerusalem. Frank's final installment of their journey, Twilight in Babylon, the fourth book, was difficult to find but I'm so glad I did.

Like the second book in this series, this one was hard for me to get into. Less of Chloe herself was first seen in her new body. The time period, ancient Sumeria, also held my interest less. But once Chloe found her own consciousness, and with the appearance of Cheftu, the story was great. Frank has a unique skill at bringing the past alive - it's palpable - and the characters are great.

I will truly miss Chloe and Cheftu. Their stories could keep me entertained for years!

No comments: