Monday, July 21, 2014

Week One: Jari Love Challenge

After my Peak 10 Challenge, I've decided to change things up a bit.  I'm going to hit my Jari Love videos hard, since those are so very different from Michelle Dozois' workouts.  (In fact, I'll shelve Michelle's Peak 10 videos for two weeks, sadly.)  I'm going to commit to doing at least two of Jari Love's videos per week.   

To start off this challenge, I toyed with the idea of having a rare day of rest to re-coup after all those high-impact Peak workouts.  But then I decided instead to treat myself to two barre/fusion/yoga workouts this week.  Why no day of rest?  The truth is I feel so much better when I get up and workout - physically and mentally.  So even if I do a light workout, it's preferable to doing nothing.

Mini goal for the week: be super strict with my diet because the weekend is going to be BAD!!

Monday: Michelle Dozois' BodyFit 360

When I started this workout, I realized I was super stiff and that my bum hurt like crazy - like I had done 100 squats the day before.  I have no idea why.  I guess the Fit Test did that.  So it felt extra good to get nice and stretched out.  And I always forget how much I sweat during this workout - it's so unique and fun!

Tuesday: Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped 1000 - Workout 1 and FitnessGlo's Lower Body Power by Jeffrey Scott

My bum was still hurting this morning and I'm sure all the squats in this workout did not help.  The weight repetitions always get me.  Ouch!  I followed that with ten minutes of Jeffrey Scott's Lower Body Power on FitnessGlo.  Dang, that got my legs! 

Wednesday: Michelle Dozois' Rockin' Body Cardio

This workout is an oldie but goodie from Michelle.  It's not nearly as intense as her Peak workouts but that's alright; you can't do those intense workouts every day.  I always enjoy this one and today was no exception.

Thursday: Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000


So many squats and lunges - ouch!  This one alternates between compound exercises and short cardio bursts.  My push-ups were better and I was able to do more weight, thanks to the Peak 10 Challenge!  Yay!  But the lunges hurt. 

Friday:  Fitness Glo's Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles by Michelle Dozois

Two fusion/flow/barre workouts was my treat for this week after 8 weeks of high-impact Peak 10.  But this was not a "light" workout by any means.  It was a lot like Body Fit 360, which means I was dripping sweat.  I moved in every direction and there was a ton of leg work.  This is definitely a workout I'll have to keep in the rotation.  My only complaint is that I wish there had been more stretching at the end.  But I added my own! 

Saturday:  The Firm's Maximum Calorie Burn Bootcamp

This workout was a nice change.  It alternates with cardio bursts and weight segments.  The instructor is slightly annoying and the cueing/choreography doesn't come close to what is standard for Michelle Dozois…..  But, it's always a good change.  My triceps were aching afterward.  I followed this 45-minute workout with a 10-minute FitnessGlo HIIT segment and then a short arm workout.   I worked out for a total of 75 minutes.  Whew!

Sunday: Cathe Friedrich's Intensity

I always dread this workout.  I don't like the step work and I hate Cathe's way of instructing - you have no idea what your HIIT move is until she's in the middle of it.  No demonstration.  But I like variety with my workouts and this is variety - for better or worse.  Sigh.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1349
Tuesday - 1398
Wednesday - 1464
Thursday - 1389
Friday - bad!
Saturday - BAD!
Sunday - BAD!

This was a very bad week of eating.  Next week should be a bit better but the week after that is Las Vegas.  Oy.  So, I'll try to lose weight in August.  LOL!

No comments: