Friday, June 19, 2015

Chocolate Angel Food Cake (2015:10)

I love strawberries.  They are, in my opinion, one of the best things about summer.  And I love strawberry short cake.  I used to make my own angel food cake but haven't done so in a while.  But when I saw this recipe for Chocolate Angel Food Cake, I was inspired.

The act of whipping up the egg whites was fun!  My mixer got a definite work out with this recipe!  Ha!  My one mistake with this one, however, was not sifting the powdered sugar.  When I measured it, it looked fine.  But as I combined it and whisked it with the cocoa, I realized there were tiny pieces still hanging on together.

This cake came out well but I was not blown away by it.  I guess it wasn't chocolate-y enough - though it shouldn't have needed to be any more chocolate-y.  I don't know.  It fun to make and I'm glad to have tried something new!

No comments: