Monday, June 29, 2015

Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 4

This summer has been fun and different so far - and fattening.  Ha!  I've signed up for a work wellness program for these summer months so hopefully that keeps me motivated to keep working out!  One of the criteria is losing a pound in two months.  Surely I can do that. Right?!

Here's how my week shaped out...

Monday: Ilyse's Work Hard, Have a Great Time + Scott's Complete Workout on the Go + walk

Ilyse's workout this morning was not dance - it was athletic cardio.  So, a bit tougher than her dance videos but still fun.  She definitely keeps you moving!  Nonstop!  Scott's workout was good - not quite as intense but good!  It alternates toning and cardio.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center with a co-worker.  It's always fun doing that with a friend!

Tuesday: Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped! + walk


I needed some weights this morning so I did the second workout on Jari's video.  It's filled with compound weighted exercises.  There's no cardio so I paused the video after every circuit to add some low-impact cardio.  My arms were aching by the end of it.  Jari's great for weights!  To get away from the computer, I walked at lunch.

Wednesday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits + walk

As I was waking up this morning, McLean's HIIT workout did not sound at all appealing.  But I forced myself to get into it and I'm glad I did. This has gotten just a tiny bit easier and I consider that great progress!  I skipped the burpee moves (which happen twice) and did other high-impact moves.  It was a great workout!  A walk at lunch with a co-worker helped to clear my head today...  It was a stressful day.

Thursday:  Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101+ Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + HIIT - Breathless and Energized 

I feel like I can't work out hard enough these days, since I'm eating worse.  As I started this morning's workout my legs and abs were sore, I guess from HIIT yesterday.  It really takes something to make my thighs ache but they did today!  I was fine with these videos until Michelle's HIIT - that was tough!  I felt good afterward - and much looser. 

Friday: Michelle's Body Fit 360: Vol. 3 - Athletic Conditioning

And still no rest today.  BUT.  The cardio in this workout - though intense, only lasts 25 minutes.  I then did the stretch, which was awesome.  This workout is just so fabulous.  In those 25 minutes, you will work every muscle.  And then, arms/abs, which I skipped today, followed by a 20-minute stretch.  So great!

Saturday:  Michelle's Cardio Strength 2 on Glo + Ilyse's Sweaty and Sassy Dance Fit


After this CS2 almost killed me a few weeks ago, I've been dreading meeting it again.  Thankfully it was easier today than last time - but it was still super tough.  I warmed up with Ilyse and then continued with her cardio for 15 minutes after CS2 ended.  This was quite a workout, all in all.  It was  relief to cool down, stretch, and do some ab work.

Sunday: Cathe' Intensity

Time for good ol' cardio this morning.  I did all of Cathe's step and then the Hi and Lo HIIT circuits.  Whew!  That lasted for about 50 minutes, after which I did 10 minutes of my own cardio to get in a full hour.  I was wiped out but not exhausted - perfect!  A stretch rounded out my morning, plus some sit-ups and planks.

No comments: