Monday, June 1, 2015

Home Again

We survived our Bermuda cruise!

In fact, we had strangely calm seas every day.  It was amazing!  On our last day, the seas were so eerily still that we wondered if something was very wrong.  Ha!!  Alas, we made it all the way back into Chesapeake Bay with no problems at sea.

Now, it's back to the workout routine after doing nothing but a bit of walking while on the cruise.  The bad news is that I gained 3.2 pounds; the good news is that that is still within my "normal" 5-pound range.  Wow!  

Here are my workouts from the weekend at home:

Saturday: Michelle's Rockin Body Cardio + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves

The first workout I usually do after a cruise or holiday is Michelle's old Rockin Body dance workout.  It's easy, fun, and stress-free.  I work up a sweat in no time but my muscles aren't overly taxed so soon after my time away.  After that 45 minute workout ended, I turned to Ilyse for about 15 minutes more of cardio.  Then, a stretch.  Very nice!

Sunday: The Firm's 500 Calorie Workout + Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101

Still trying to keep it light while working a bit harder, I did the cardio sections in the Firm's workout.  They're good but not too intense - just what I needed!  After 30 minutes of that, I turned to Ilyse's Dance Intervals, which is really good cardio.  She does bursts of high impact work and then gives you a brief recovery.  I finished off my workout with stretches and sit-ups.

I love vacations but it's good to be home!

No comments: