Monday, June 22, 2015

Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 3

Yet another bad weekend of eating has me worried about the number on the scale - so much so that I refused to step on to it!  Ha!  

Hopefully a week of good workouts will help!

Monday:  Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped! 1000 Hardcore + walk


This workout by Jari Love is a challenge - both the weighted sections and the cardio.  The weights are hard because they all involve compound exercises.  The cardio is a challenge because it's sustained for so long.  I did the first workout and my legs were burning from all the curtsy squats!  The workout lasted about 35 minutes, after which I did my own weights and cardio to get to 50 minutes.  At lunch, I walked at the rec and then had a nice stretch, hoping to soothe my legs.

Tuesday:  Shape's Bikini Body Transforming + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals + walk

A morning of cardio!  Michelle's cardio on Shape's video is tough - but not too bad.  I always enjoy it and work up a sweat!  I then turned to Scott's HIIT to finish out my morning.  Most of his moves are unique which makes the workout fun.  But it's tough and I was dripping sweat!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work.

Wednesday: Michelle's Cardio Strength 2 on Glo + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party

This workout was done after work because I felt the need to shock my system.  I'm eating bad so why not do something out of the ordinary to make my system second guess itself?!  I did the 5-minute warm-up in Ilyse's Dance workout and then switched over to Michelle's CS2.  I have no idea why but this one almost killed me.  I remembered that it was tough - just not quite that tough.  It was sheer willpower that got me through it because my body was not happy.  After the CS, I did 15 minutes of the dance workout.  Usually, I make the moves more high-impact, but not today.  Today, I was lucky to still be upright!  My stretch and cool-down was such a relief!

Thursday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals

Seriously, I need to torch some calories ASAP!  I wanted high-impact so Amy's two interval workouts sounded good.  The moves are good - except for burpees which I sub for other moves.  I was sweating and tired....but in a good way!

Friday:  Ellen Barrett's Grace and Gusto


Time for something low-key.  Finally!  It was such a relief to not have to do something crazy hard this morning!  And with no workout at lunch, my body can fully re-group before my Peak 10 workouts this weekend.  Yay!  Ellen is so much and this workout is nice and soft - just what I needed!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster


I hadn't done this CIB in a while so I was excited!  I started off by doing 5 minutes of my own low-impact cardio, to get super warm.  Then, the workout lasted 55 minutes.  I added on another 5 minutes of my own cardio before doing the cool down/stretch.  The different "peaks" in this CIB are fun - and challenging!  It was difficult to get through, especially when the ascents contained tougher cardio.  But it was fun!

Sunday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

After almost dying during Wednesday's CS, I was not looking forward to More CS, knowing just how difficult this one is.  Why?  There's only one circuit that does NOT go to the floor.   The cardio isn't bad and the peaks aren't crazy but the weighted moves are tough, as is the floor work.  Wow.  I warmed up with McLean's dance workout and then did an additional 15 minutes of it after finishing CS.  Then, about 10 minutes of stretching and abs.


No comments: