Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Daughter of the Gods

I recently finished Stephanie Thornton's novel, Daughter of the Gods, about the female pharaoh, Hatshepsut.  Thornton is quickly becoming one of my favorite historical fiction authors since she focuses on ancient women instead of the predictable late-medieval or British themes.

My Goodreads reivew:

Stephanie Thornton has proven herself again with this fantastic historical fiction about Hatshepsut, Pharaoh of Egypt. 

Thornton's Hatshepsut isn't immediately likable but she quickly becomes so. Her drive and ambition, which at first separates her from the reader, quickly won me over. She believed her duty to Egypt was to become Pharaoh and that this action was blessed by the Gods. 

Thornton's writing brings Egypt to live and I truly enjoyed this adventure through time.

No comments: