Monday, November 23, 2015

Week Four: Peak 10 Challenge #4

After eating horribly on Friday and Saturday last week, I'm ready to burn some calories. My thyroid is making weight loss very difficult and I'm trying to stay focused and not lose motivation.

Thankfully, my Peak 10 workouts are getting easier, which means something is happening to my body - even if I can't see or measure it.

Monday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals

After three weeks, it's time for something other than Pure Cardio.  Amy's workouts fit the bill: cardio, cardio, cardio.  These are fun because they are so different for me: pure and simple intervals.  Amy gives you one move and you repeat it.  I have to switch it up sometimes, as one move gets a bit repetitive for me.  But its' fun!  A nutritionist talk at lunch meant no additional workout.

Tuesday: Michelle's Total Body Cardio and Strength + walk

Tuesday = weights.  Thankfully, I really enjoy this workout by Michelle, though it contains some really difficult stuff.  Ha!  There are few people who can get me to do up and down planks - but she can!  I should have also done weights at the rec but I walked instead.  Any calories that can be burned is a blessing.

Wednesday:  Peak Fit Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout

After a rough night of little sleep, this workout was not something that sounded fun to do.  But, as always, I did it.  And I like how it's already getting easier.  Even the push-ups are easier.  And I like that!  Progress is always good to see!

Thursday: Peak Fit Cardio Strength 2

In week five of a Peak 10 Challenge, you start adding in an additional Cardio Strength.  I'm starting this a week early since we're taking a short trip in December that will disturb my momentum.  So, fun times with CS. I just did this one on Sunday and really enjoyed it.  Today it was a bit harder, since I did it at 5pm, but oh, well.  I survived!

Friday: Crunch Super Slim Down: Pilates Yoga Blend + walk

I tried to do a workout on Glo this morning but for the first time ever, the video refused, completely, to load.  I was highly annoyed.  So instead, I did this yoga workout - which always makes me sweat, though I never understand why.  There's a lot of core and arm work in this one....but you don't really notice it at the time.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center - and got sweaty!  

Saturday: Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn

Wow.  I always forget how hard this one makes me work.  The peaks are tough and the ascents get progressively more impactful…if that makes sense.  But I love it!  Afterward, I did some serious core work and a good stretch.

Sunday: Dozois' Cardio Strength 1 on Glo + Ilyse's Just Dance

I couldn't for the life of me remember this CS…..so I was a bit apprehensive before beginning.  It's tough….but doable.  Michelle is always fun to watch in this one - and I love seeing her teach a CS for real.  After that was done, I did 20 minutes of Ilyse's fun dance workout.  Then, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday -1280
Tuesday - 1285
Wednesday - 1420
Thursday - 1288
Friday - bad
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1350

When I weighed on Friday, I'd lost about a pound.  It's nothing great, but I'll take it!


No comments: