Monday, November 2, 2015

Week One: Peak 10 Challenge #4

I can't believe it's that time again....for another Peak 10 Challenge!  This one will be my fourth!  The third was completed in the spring so I'm due for another round.

While I'm definitely looking forward to it, my motivation has taken a hit with all this thyroid drama.  If exercise has no - visible - impact on my body.......well, it's harder to stay motivated.  But I'm trying.

Monday: Peak Fit Pure Cardio + walk

Hello, old friend; I'm back!  This is such a fun workout - and always more difficult than I remember.  I got so many steps during this morning's round.....wow!  Fun and effective!  At lunch, I walked around the track at the rec center.  For some reason, Sunday's workout left me extra stiff and sore so I wanted to walk and then stretch really well.  Mission accomplished!

Tuesday:  Dozois' Tip Top Shape

I haven't done this workout in forever - and I love it!  Weights are so much more enjoyable at home, rather than the ugly, smelly gym.  And weights with Michelle are doubly fun.  This workout isn't easy but there's no dread factor.  I can't wait to do it again!  It was such a gorgeous day today, that I walked just a bit outside and then read in the sunshine.  Lovely!

Wednesday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits

Peak 10 means McLean's HIIT is my alternate for Dozois' dreaded Anytime Anywhere workout.....and I do dread both of these.  I limited the burpees in McLean's crazy workout....but it was still tough.  Going up and down from the floor is never easy; for some reason, that gets me more than anything.  Glad this one is done for the week!

Thursday:  McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + Amy's Skills and Drills + Dozois' Straight Forward Strength Training

I had some extra time this morning so I got in both cardio and weights.  Together, McLean and Dixon's cardio workouts lasted 50 minutes….without a cool down.  I then did Dozois' 45 minute strength video, which is so good.  I love that one!  It was a nice, fun morning.  When working out is this much fun….it's not a chore!

Friday: Body Fit 360

Ah, rest days are so lovely.  I was a bit nervous about remembering the more complicated moves from this workout - but it all worked fine.  And I really do enjoy it; there's nothing like it!  At the end, I felt all stretched out and invigorated, not tired!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

I haven't touched this workout since my last Peak 10 Challenge - and it was harder than I remembered!  But it's so much fun….and I always forget that.  Michelle's enthusiasm is so contagious…which is amazing when you're dripping sweat and aching.  Ha!  I did a long stretch after this and some ab work.

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength + Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove

Even though I love the newer Cardio Strengths, there's something nice and refreshing about the original.  The moves are simpler - though no less difficult - and you really feel like your muscles are given a chance to work.  It doesn't feel as rushed.  And so, amazingly, I had fun with this CS today!  And I used my heavy weights for some of the light weight sections.  Cool!  I finished off my workout with 20 minutes of Ilyse's dance workout and then 15 minutes of stretch and abs.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1288
Tuesday - 1288
Wednesday - 1272
Thursday - 1279
Friday - 1678
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1466

Yeah, I know: every day wasn't great.  But most were!  4 out of 7!  Ha!  And I lost 1.2 pounds this week, so I'm not worried!  

No comments: